Prudential Financial, Inc. has operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. Prudential’s diverse and talented employees are committed to helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment management.
U.S. Retirement Solutions & Investment Management Division
The U.S. Retirement Solutions and Investment Management division conducts its business through the Individual Annuities, Retirement and Asset Management segments.
- Our Individual Annuities segment manufactures and distributes individual variable and fixed annuity products primarily to the U.S. mass affluent market.
- Our Retirement segment manufactures and distributes products and provides administrative services for qualified and non-qualified retirement plans and offers innovative pension risk transfer solutions, investment-only stable value products, guaranteed investment contracts, funding agreements, institutional and retail notes, structured settlement annuities and other group annuities.
- Our Asset Management segment provides a broad array of investment management and advisory services by means of institutional portfolio management, mutual funds, asset securitization activity and other structured products and strategic investments. These products and services are provided to the public and private marketplace, as well as other segments of the company.
U.S. Individual Life & Group Insurance Division
The U.S. Individual Life and Group Insurance division conducts its business through the Individual Life and Group Insurance segments.
- Our Individual Life segment manufactures and distributes individual variable life, term life and universal life insurance products, primarily to the U.S. mass middle, mass affluent and affluent markets.
- Our Group Insurance segment manufactures and distributes a full range of group life, long-term and short-term group disability, and group corporate-, bank- and trust-owned life insurance in the U.S. primarily to institutional clients for use in connection with employee and membership benefits plans. Group Insurance also sells accidental death and dismemberment and other ancillary coverages, and provides plan administrative services in connection with its insurance coverages.
International Insurance Division
The International Insurance division conducts its business through the International Insurance segment. Our International Insurance segment manufactures and distributes individual life insurance, retirement and related products to the mass affluent and affluent markets in Japan, Korea and other foreign countries through its Life Planner operations. In addition, similar products are offered to the broad middle-income market across Japan through Life Consultants, the proprietary distribution channel of the company’s Gibraltar Life operation, as well as other channels, including banks and independent agencies.